full screen background image

495 Phoenixville Road, Chaplin, CT 06235

Windham County Connecticut

 Phone: (860) 455-0073

 Fax: (860) 455-0027

 Email: assistant@chaplinct.org

5/21/24 Town Budget Referendum Results: Total Votes=174, Yes=54, No=120. Budget Failed.  

Trash and Recycling Pick up will be delayed one day this week due to the Memorial Day Holiday

Pick up will occur on Friday, May 31, 2024

Municipal Agent for the Elderly

Shirley Rakos

Town of Chaplin, Agent for the Elderly 


The Senior Center is now open to the public.  If you'd like to contact the Agent for the Elderly by phone please call the number below:

  • on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at the Chaplin Senior Center at (860) 455-1327.
  • at any other time by calling the Senior Center at (860) 455-1327 and leave a message.
  • If you prefer to meet in person to discuss a question you may have, call to schedule an appointment (socially distanced with masks, at the Senior Center).


A note from Shirley Rakos, Our Municipal Agent...

There is a nip in the air....wondering about your heating costs for the winter???

Energy Assistance

Winter Heating Assistance Program

The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is now open at community action agency sites around the state.  To schedule an appointment, please call your local community action agency at the phone number provided below.  You can also contact 2-1-1 Infoline or the DSS Office of Community Services at 1-800-842-1132 for contact inforamtion or intake sites closest to where you reside.

The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program is designed to help offset the winter heating costs of Connecticut's lower income households, specifically those households whose incomes fall at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty guidelines as well as households with elderly, disabled and/or children under the age of six, with incomes between 150 percent and 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.

Hoseholds with incomes below 60 percent of the state median income who are not eligible to receive assistance under CEAP may be eligible to receive assistance under the Contingency Heating Assistance program.

General Information:

On behalf of eligible households, the winter heating assistance pays for such heating sources as oil, natural gas, electricity, propane, kerosene, coal, wood and wood pellets.

Homeowners and renters may apply.

Households eligible for the winter heating program may also be eligible to receive weatherization assistance.  This can help conserve energy and lower heating bills.

The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program and Contingency Heating Assistance Program are administered by the Department of Social Services and coordinated by regional Community Action Agencies, in cooperation with municipal and other non-profit human service agencies.

Community Renewal Team, Inc. (Hartford area) (860) 560-5800 or 1-800-798-3805; (Middletown area) (860) 347-4465

ACCESS, Inc.  (Willimantic area) (860) 450-7423; (Danielson area) (860) 774-0418

Thames Valley Council for Community Action, Inc. (Norwich-New London area) (860) 425-6681

Phone: (860) 455-1327


Shirley Rakos

Term End: 06/30/2025